Metro South Health is the major provider of public health services, and health education and research, in the Brisbane south side, Logan, Redlands and Scenic Rim regions. We serve an estimated population of 1 million people, 23 per cent of Queensland’s population. Every day, around the clock, we’re faced with challenges with the highest stakes; but we remain focussed on the needs of our patients practicing a person-centred approach to health care. From our reception staff to our doctors, administrators to housekeepers—we are committed to providing you and your family with quality health care.
About the RoleThis role will be required to:
* Provide leadership to the Low Risk Review (LRR) process of the MS HREC encourage dialogue within the Low Risk Review Committee and ensure that the members of the committee work closely as a team so that the rights of research participants are protected, whilst maintaining a high scientific and ethical standard of research.
* Chair the Low Risk Review process in an efficient, expeditious and fair manner and ensure that he/she is well informed regarding ethical aspects of the research studies to be reviewed ensuring attentiveness to the details and requirements of the Commonwealth and Queensland regulations and Metro South Health policies in the context of protocol review
* Update the Chair of the MS HREC and the Committee on the number of low risk reviews undertaken each month with regards to their appropriateness for review as Low Risk,
* Maintain a close liaison with the MS HREC Chair, senior executive, HREC Administrative staff and other staff of the Centres for Health Research.
* Deal with urgent issues arising regarding ethical issues in research studies.
* For further information please refer to the role description below.
BenefitsWe offer employees competitive remuneration and generous employer superannuation contribution, benefits and incentives, career development and opportunity with outstanding support for workplace training and education within our flexible, family friendly workplaces.
From the large, technologically advanced tertiary Princess Alexandra Hospital, to our mid-size facilities in thriving suburbs, to community health centres servicing regional communities, we offer exciting career pathways and employment opportunities for health professionals.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: https://metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.
Conditions of EmploymentSome roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. If you are applying for a role that has been designated as a VPD risk role you must be able to provide evidence that you either have been vaccinated against the VPD’s listed in the role description; or you are not susceptible to the VPD’s listed in the role description.
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. Any job offer would be subject to the supply of evidence related to VPD in addition to other required employment screening.