Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It’s also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland’s population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
Responsible for delivering psychiatric assessment and treatment to older people across a variety of non-admitted settings including independent and residential aged care settings. Deliver this care as a member of a multidisciplinary team to people customarily aged 65 or over with complex or severe mental health presentations as part of a Community Older Persons Mental Health team. Assist clients meet physical health care needs, helping them access psychosocial and disability supports, providing education and support to informal and formal carers and liaison with other health professionals involved in the person’s care. Deliver high quality evidence based clinical services as a member of a multidisciplinary team to achieve better health outcomes for consumers with serious mental health issues and the complexities of aging in a Community Older Adults mental health setting. Responsible for the physical health care monitoring and interventions for their allocated consumers and supports other members of the multidisciplinary team in the monitoring of physical health care needs and administration of depot medication.
* Accountable and responsible for own actions and acts to rectify unsafe nursing practice and/or unprofessional conduct.
* Responsible for a specific consumer population, and can function in more complex clinical situations while providing support and direction to a Registered Nurse/Enrolled Nurse and other non-registered nursing personnel.
* Undertake advanced assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills in the clinical management of consumer care and participation in multidisciplinary care planning.
* Monitor clinical staff capabilities and act in the role of preceptor and mentor to beginning practitioners to develop their potential, conducting performance planning and review programs for clinical staff as delegated.
* Maintain contemporary Mental Health Nursing practice through on going professional development.
* Comply with and utilise contemporary human resource management principles including workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity, antidiscrimination and Queensland Public Service Code of Conduct.
* Contribute to clinical research at a unit level and contribute to and support the implementation of evidence based practice.
* Carry out the roles and responsibilities of an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner as required under the Mental Health Act 2016.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.