• Provide support and advice on traffic management, road safety and traffic engineering options and the use of materials, resources, components or systems within projects, including provision of traffic engineering support and review and advice on the suitability of traffic management plans.
• Assess, negotiate, provide recommendations and inspect third party works including construction works, traffic impacts, traffic management plans, signage, public utility plant and maintenance works to ensure compliance and successful delivery in accordance with Departmental standards, specifications, policies and guidelines.
• Apply all relevant standards, policies, guidelines and legislative requirements necessary to support responsible decisions and courses of action for the operation and effective usage of the transport infrastructure and control systems.
• Manage projects or elements of projects and provide monthly financial forecasting.
• Provide support and advice during the planning and design process, to ensure delivery of project outcomes, value for money and best practice are achieved;
• Ensure all quality management procedures are adhered to; and
• Maintain effective liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
This role reports to the Principal Advisor (Corridor Management).
Is this role for you?
The information in this section outlines the basis of assessment of your suitability for the organisation and the role.
• A Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent Civil Engineering qualification which is accepted by Engineers Australia
• Current holder of a Class C driver’s licence.
Highly Desirable Requirements:
• Traffic Management Design (Formerly Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices – Level 4)
Capabilities: Refer to the Role Description for the capabilities required for this position.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.