Are you looking for a change in the future?
How does working and living in a regional and rural setting sound to you?
The Central Queensland Region offers a relaxed and quiet lifestyle with an abundance of spectacular and unique tourist attractions, including the beautiful Southern Great Barrier Reef (fishing, swimming and snorkelling), magnificent beaches, pristine national parks and rainforests, the bustle of mining, agricultural, cattle and sheep producing towns across Central Queensland.
In addition to this you will also have the opportunity to join and become involved in a variety of community activities.
Interested in applying
Transport and Main Roads’ (TMR) Central Queensland Region has the perfect opportunity for you.
• Provide a brief CV including contact details for two referees, and
• Tell us about yourself by outlining what you would bring to the role, and what you hope to take away/achieve while working for Transport and Main Roads in regional Queensland.
• Complete the classification, location/work area preference form when applying online.
• Following the completion and submission of your application and resume, you may be contacted and interviewed to ascertain how your qualifications, skills and experience match the capabilities required for roles within Central Queensland Region.
If deemed suitable, you will be advised and your details will be retained in the engineering talent pool.
You will then be contacted when an opportunity arises that matches your skill set and location preference for relevant position/s.
You may also be contacted in relation to Central Queensland locations not listed as your preference.
Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified and have the opportunity to seek feedback and reapply to the pool.
• A Degree in Civil Engineering, or an equivalent Civil Engineering qualification, which is accepted by Engineers Australia.
• Registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) is mandatory for permanent and temporary appointment to PO4 and PO5 classifications.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.