Metro South Health is the major provider of public health services, and health education and research, in the Brisbane south side, Logan, Redlands and Scenic Rim regions. We serve an estimated population of 1 million people, 23 per cent of Queensland’s population. Every day, around the clock, we’re faced with challenges with the highest stakes; but we remain focussed on the needs of our patients practicing a person-centred approach to health care. From our reception staff to our doctors, administrators to housekeepers—we are committed to providing you and your family with quality health care.
About the RoleThis role will be required to:
* Provide ethical decision making in the achievement of organisational goals.
* Provide inpatient and outpatient care by:
* Assessing patients, determining and instigating appropriate investigations;
* Establish management plan for patients in consultation with the consultant;
* Where appropriate, ensure discharge planning commences early in the process of care (inpatients only);
* Communicate assessment findings, proposed management plans and alternatives to patient and carers and seek consent;
* Gather input from appropriate multidisciplinary teams for patients ongoing clinical care;
* Continually monitor and review patient progress and adjust the management plan when necessary; and
* Ensure appropriate and timely communication to the General Practitioner, other health care providers and carers to ensure ongoing patient care post hospital stay.
* Please submit your application through the Fellowship portal on http://www.upperlimb.com/fellowship/. Applications should consist of the following documents:
* Completion of the online application form
* Curriculum Vitae
* Three written references from your supervisors (within the last 12 months) with their contact details.
* For further information please refer to the role description below.
BenefitsWe offer employees competitive remuneration and generous employer superannuation contribution, benefits and incentives, career development and opportunity with outstanding support for workplace training and education within our flexible, family friendly workplaces.
From the large, technologically advanced tertiary Princess Alexandra Hospital, to our mid-size facilities in thriving suburbs, to community health centres servicing regional communities, we offer exciting career pathways and employment opportunities for health professionals.
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: https://metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.
Conditions of EmploymentSome roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. If you are applying for a role that has been designated as a VPD risk role you must be able to provide evidence that you either have been vaccinated against the VPD’s listed in the role description; or you are not susceptible to the VPD’s listed in the role description.
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. Any job offer would be subject to the supply of evidence related to VPD in addition to other required employment screening.