Lenovo is the Number 1 Supercomputing provider in the world measured by Top500 entries. The High Performance Computing & Artificial Intelligence (HPC&AI;) segment is one of the six segments that Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) is built on. Its mission is to drive innovation and technological advancements to enable our clients solving humanity’s greatest challenges.
The Lenovo HPC&AI; team consists of more than a hundred people across the world and different functions – from Sales, Sales Engineering and Architecture, over Product Marketing and Management, Application Benchmarking and Performance Engineering, HPC Vertical Segment Specialists and Datacenter Infrastructure Experts, to Manufacturing and Development and finally Research.
We are seeking an experienced HPC Storage Sales Leader for our Europe, Middle East and Africa geography to support our regional sales and architects as well as engage directly in client projects.
Original location of this role is Germany , but our new colleague can be based anywhere in EMEA region!
You will define our HPC&AI; storage business strategy for the Geo, build and manage our relationships with clients and connected teams and directly support as well as own customer engagements. This position requires a deep knowledge of HPC technologies, customers as well as the industry. The EMEA HPC Storage Sales Leader also influences the future product roadmaps by collaborating with product management teams.
It is a customer facing role and requires the skill set necessary to lead effective interactions for gathering customer requirements, demonstrating solution expertise, and communicating value of the HPC solutions in this segment.
* Drive business strategy for HPC Storage by owning the market and competitive analysis, identifying various use cases and trends for HPC Storage adoption
* Build strong relationships with customers, actively participate in communities, and drive key partnerships for business success
* Actively engage in customer discussions to understand needs and pain points in HPC storage and clearly communicate requirements to product managers and teams developing HW & SW solutions
* Directly engaging and supporting sales and account teams and be the go-to- person for opportunities in HPC storage
* Take opportunity owner role for complex opportunities working with solution architects and other internal teams
* Collaborate with management teams and product teams to influence product roadmaps, go-to-market strategy and messaging
* Develop segment specific collateral and value proposition messages by closely working with marketing teams
* Present at key events and drive demos, publish thought leadership articles and participate in industry councils/associations
* Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, MBA is a plus.
* 7+ year experience in High Performance Computing and Storage
* 7+ year experience in Sales and Business Development
* Innovative and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
* Action-oriented and able to work independently with clear priorities in a matrix organization
* Good presentation skills to speak at conferences, public events and conduct media interviews
* Prior experience working with global customers and technology partners
* Fluent in English, a second European language is a plus
* Willingness to travel
Are you a „DOer“? When applying for this position, please send your CV (including covering letter and references), your salary expectations and your earliest day of entry via our Online-Tool.
At Lenovo we are proud to be an equal opportunity company. This vacancy certainly applies for people with disabilities, too.
*Job ID #:* 64975
*Position Title:* HPC&AI; Storage Sales Leader EMEA
*Functional Area:* Sales
*Facility:* Work at Home
*Relocation Provided:* No
*Education Required:* Masters Degree
*Experience Required:* 7 – 10 Years
*Travel Percent:* 75