**Manager of Projects**
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes mining, oil and gas, industrial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
The APAC Energy, Chemicals and Resources Manager of Projects is an operational leadership role based in Perth reporting to the Director of Operations.
The primary responsibility as the Manager of Projects will be to lead the delivery of projects for our customers in the Oil and Gas, Mining and Industrial sectors. Focus is on appropriate staffing of projects, project set up and planning, project review and governance, supporting our teams to deliver successful projects with a no surprises culture.
An important element of the role is the staff development of the Project Management and Project Engineering group (through coaching and mentoring) and the provision of an environment which provides adequate training through both internal and external sources.
This is a senior client facing role so a key responsibility will be to act as the Designated Project Executive (Project Sponsor) for assigned projects to support project managers in the execution of the projects and actively engage with clients appropriately to help manage both communications and expectations.
To be successful in this role, it is a pre requisite that you must have completely delivered EPCM Projects (multi discipline) in the capital cost range of $150 – 500 million or larger, having taken full responsibility for the execution of the projects.
Key Selection Criteria for this senior position include:
* Demonstrated experience providing visible and active HSE leadership
* Demonstrated experience in Project Management – particularly EPCM experience
* Demonstrated ability to lead multi discipline engineering and functional teams as a Project Manager
* Demonstrated ability to create, sustain, influence and drive successful project teams
* Experience across commodities/geographies
* Deep understanding of project controls functions in supporting successful project delivery
* Broad project exposure to procurement/supply chain and contracts functions
* Project site/construction experience
* Project portfolio or program management experience
* Specific Oil & Gas, Mining & Metals or Industrial sector project experience
* Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and nurture client relationships
* Demonstrated experience applying lessons learnt and adopting innovative solutions for continual improvement
* Engineering Degree Qualified
* Tertiary degree qualification preferred
* Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia (MIEAUST) preferred
* Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) preferred
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options. Achieve more with a global brand. We have appropriate opportunities on the horizon and we are looking for people to join us as we continue our growth.
Apply online by clicking on the link below
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
**Primary Location** Australia-Australia Countrywide-Perth
**Req ID:** MIN00022V