While this position will be based in Cairns, the successful applicant will be required to travel within the Far North Queensland region, servicing P-12 school communities.
As the Mental Health Coach you will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of State Schools Division priorities for all students in state schools.
* Support the Regional Director and Assistant Regional Directors to build inclusive, safe and supportive learning environments in Queensland state schools.
* Provide high level advice and support to principals to lead an inclusive, safe and supportive learning environment.
* Support the development and implementation of whole-of-school approaches to social and emotional learning programs.
* Build staff knowledge, responsiveness and capacity in regards to mental health and wellbeing and provide leadership to enhance schools’ capability to integrate social and emotional wellbeing across all school activities and the curriculum.
* Support school leadership teams to work collaboratively to create environments that enhance the engagement of all students, including those students who are most at risk of mental health issues, disengagement, suspension and cancellation of enrolment. Support schools to appreciate and respect diversity including students with disabilities, students with complex and challenging behaviours, sexually diverse, intersex and transgender students, Indigenous students, refugee students, different ethnic groups and students with a mental illness.
* Assist schools to develop whole-of-school referral pathways for students requiring additional support, complex case management or interagency involvement to support positive behaviour learning.
* Coordinate and promote more integrated and targeted school mental health promotion in the provision of mental health services, collecting and analysing data and information in relation to mental health needs and service delivery.
* Facilitate improved cross agency relationships, communication and collaboration with existing regional student support teams for the efficient and streamlined use of available resources.
* Improve strategic selection and use of mental health resources that are tailored to the school’s needs and contexts.
To apply please provide the following information:
* a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
* a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.