The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence… to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
About your opportunity As a member of the Medical Education Team, the Principal Medical Education Officer will provide educational expertise and leadership in the delivery of medical education to prevocational medical graduates, while ensuring ongoing training accreditation requirements are met. The Principal Medical Education Officer will support and provide professional leadership to a team of Medical Education Officers.Mandatory requirements
* Tertiary level qualification in either education or a health-related discipline, plus demonstrated experience in education and/or clinical teaching is required.
How you will be assessed
* An ability to provide high level advice in areas of prevocational medical education, accreditation, assessment, evaluation and research.
* An ability and experience in project development and strategic planning that lead to the implementation of new initiatives.
* High level knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and the ability to apply to teaching and learning practices.
* An ability to lead and work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment with highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* An ability to provide high level consultation and communication with key stakeholders.
* An ability to provide leadership in developing initiatives for the professional development of staff.
* An ability to provide high level advice in problem solving and organisational management.
* An ability to work without supervision to meet competing deadlines.
* An ability to actively and effectively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour.
Generous remuneration package value up to $138,842 p.a. comprising salary range of $113,387 to $121,688 p.a. (PO5), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Why make the change? Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel’ and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville, the largest regional centre in the North.
Interested..? For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Danny Tucker on 07 4433 2574.Applications close on Wednesday 30 January 2019.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.