Your organisation – Mackay Hospital and Health Service:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2,700 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Click here to find out more information about the Mackay HHS
This role is responsible and accountable for delivering quality patient focused, evidenced based nursing care providing leadership, direction and support to other nursing staff and students and working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team in the Clermont Multi-Purpose Health Service.
The Clermont Multi-Purpose Health Service is made up to two facilities: The Hospital Campus in Clermont and Monash Lodge also in Clermont. The hospital has 10 beds providing general medical acute care and 6 aged care beds, a 24-hour Emergency Department, post-surgical admissions and post-natal admissions as well as various clinics and visiting services. The Monash Lodge is a 16-bed aged care facility located approximately 1 kilometre from Clermont Hospital.
Important information about this EOI Portal:
* The EOI Portal is just one avenue of seeking employment with the Mackay HHS. Vacancies will also be advertised on the Smart Jobs, Seek and LinkedIn websites.
* By submitting an application, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies for other jobs within the MHHS. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy, submit your application online via the Smart Jobs website.
* If deemed suitable, your details will remain in our system and you may be contacted further should an opportunity arise.
Why work for Mackay HHS?
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
* Competitive remuneration package
* Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
* 17.5% annual leave loading
* Salary packaging
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellbeing initiatives and programs
Conditions of employment:
In addition to any mandatory requirements specified on the Role Description, such as Professional Registration and Qualifications, and prior to being made an offer of employment, incumbents are required to demonstrate their immunity to all or some of the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), Pertussis (whooping cough).
Click here to find out more information about VPD
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
* Before applying ensure that you download and read the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
* Provide a short response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
* Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
* Applicants applying through a website other than Smartjobs (such as Seek, LinkedIn, Jora, Indeed): Click on ‘Apply Now’ and you will be re-directed to the Smartjobs website where you can view the documents mentioned above.