• Deliver and promote business, industry and regional development services to support economic growth and diversity to regional clients
• Assist in the facilitation of collaborative industry initiatives, industry clusters and supply chain development
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with regional industry stakeholders and other government agencies
• Monitor and provide feedback to supervisors on regional economic development opportunities and issues
• Provide accurate and timely reports, briefings, submissions and other documentation that may be required
• Identify opportunities and contribute positively to team activities including project planning and implementation. Participate in organisational and service delivery improvement processes
• Demonstrate commitment to the Department’s core values of strong customer service, teamwork, open communication, leadership and innovation
• Perform other tasks as required by the Regional Director, Manager and team members.
Are you the right person for the job?
You will be assessed on your capability and capacity for the following in the context of the accountabilities above.
• Technical Skills-Applies business and industry experience, functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Supports strategic direction-Draws on information from multiple sources and uses agreed guidelines to analyse what information is important and how it should be used. Keeps self and others well informed on work progress
• Achieves results-Establishes task plans and simple project plans with measurable milestones to deliver objectives. Commits to achieving quality outcomes and adheres to documentation procedures
• Supports productive working relationships-Is responsive to changes in client needs and expectations. Builds and sustains positive relationships with team members and clients
• Displays personal drive and integrity-Acts professionally at all times and operates within the boundaries of organisational processes and legal and public policy constraints. Shows initiative and does what is required
• Communicates with influence-Confidently presents messages in a clear, concise manner. Structures written and oral communication to ensure clarity. Identifies other people’s expectations and concerns.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.