• Prepare and contribute policy papers, briefs, reports, development assessments, speeches and cabinet submissions and other materials to assist in the coordination of statutory processes under Part 6 of State Development & Public Works Organisation Act 1971.
• Provide strategic advice on industrial land analysis, planning, policy and development priorities which support economic development of the State.
• Undertake development assessments, research, analysis and interpretation of complex issues and opportunities relating to industrial land planning and/or infrastructure projects as directed.
• Provide project coordination and whole-of-government consideration of major industrial and infrastructure projects, including resolution of policy issues, undertaking development assessment processes and where necessary public consultation.
• Represent the Department in meetings and forums as required.
• Participate in and lead staff and/or multidisciplinary teams as required.
• Liaise and negotiate with other government agencies, community groups and the private sector on a range of strategic industrial planning and infrastructure policy matters.
• Assist in procurement and in negotiating consultancy agreements and directly manage consultants undertaking major economic, engineering, environmental, planning and regional development consultancy studies.
Applications to remain current for 12 months