CARE | INTEGRITY | RESPECT | COMMITMENT
Purpose of the roleAssist the Director of Surgery in ensuring that Otolaryngology Services provided by CQ Health are of the highest standard and delivered in an efficient and effective manner given available resources. The position assists with the education and supervision of surgical trainees and other medical staff, medical students, and allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
This position is based at Rockhampton Hospital and it is expected that this position will combine with other Otolaryngologists at Rockhampton Hospital to provide a Health Service wide Otolaryngology Service across CQ Health facilities.
Locations (+ secondary): Rockhampton Hospital + Mater Misericordiae Hospital – Rockhampton
What’s on offer?Senior Staff Specialist /Staff Specialist – Otolaryngology, Permanent (Full Time or Part Time), (L18 – L27). Remuneration value up to $425,794 p.a., comprising salary between $204,543 – $216,865 p.a. (L25 – L27); or, remuneration value up to $389,431 p.a., comprising salary between $171,044 – $198,678 p.a. (L18 – L24); employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%), motor vehicle allowance, professional development allowance ($20,000 p.a.), professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., plus over-time and on-call allowances.
Some of what we are looking for?
* Clinical experience and skills in Otolaryngology, for a wide range of procedures.
* An understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement and review.
* Developed leadership skills and experience in contributing as a team member in a multidisciplinary approach to service provision.
* An interest and understanding of the policy framework for improving clinical practice standards.
* A willingness to participate in teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
Key Qualifications /Requirements
* MBBS or equivalent.
* Possession of qualifications and experience appropriate for registration as a Specialist in Otolaryngology in Australia. In general this will require Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in the speciality of Otolaryngology.
* Drivers licence (C class)
How to Apply:
* All applications must be submitted online following the instructions below.
* Download and read thouroghly all vacancy documentation. Alternatively available from www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au using the job reference number (JRN) below.
* Thoroughly read the role description and Information for Applicants booklet provided.
* Submit the required information, use the required c.v. template for the selection panel to assess your suitability:
Contact Name: Dr Garry Dyke Contact Number: + 61 (0)7 4920 6235