The Bursary is named in honour of the late Lambert McBride - an Aboriginal advocate and lobbyist for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander rights in Queensland. Mr McBride believed in the value of education for progress. The Bursary provides the opportunity for one Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander tertiary student to continue Mr McBride’s legacy through their personal commitment and contribution within their local community.
* Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
* Be able to provide evidence of having completed (or about to complete) your first or second year of study in any field at a Queensland higher education institution in 2020
How to apply
* Review the Fact Sheet (below)
* Gather all your supporting documents (as listed in the Documentation Checklist below)
* Click the green ‘apply now’ button (below) – you may need to create an account
* When logged into your Smart Jobs account, complete the online questionnaire including responses to supporting questions and upload ALL the supporting documentation
* Submit your application by 11 December 2020.
For further information refer to the Fact Sheet and/or Documentation Checklist. Should your question not be answered, please email the Scholarships and Grants team, Human Resources Branch, Department of Education by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3055 2969.