About Australia & New Zealand
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites scattered across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth. Our scope covers life sciences, specialty diagnostics, food, dairy & beverage, environmental & industrial, healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.
How will you make an impact?
From having a scientific technical solutions background involving Scanning Electron Microscopy in the science and industry sector, and a passion for networking and building relationships. You will build upon and manage an existing portfolio of accounts in the science and industry sector.
This full time position will be specific to the Electron Microscopy business, and the market leading range of instrumentation developed and manufactured by Thermo Fisher Scientific. The territory covers both Australia and New Zealand, managing existing customer accounts in addition to developing new customers and forging new relationships.
What will you do?
- To achieve and exceed sales territory financial targets and objectives.
- Grow business in line with company targets.
- Ensure that an effective customer contact program is implemented and managed so as to maximize sales growth & key customer relationships.
- Develop and implement key account plans and strategies in line with marketing and sales management objectives.
- Report and communicate internally in order to ensure opportunities are being maximized and customer both external & internal expectations are being met.
How will you get here?
- Physical Science or engineering degree, or equivalent experience with scientific/technical instrumentation products (capital and consumables) in an industrial market.
- Experience from working in or servicing customers in the industrial market sector.
- 3 – 5+ years of relevant professional technical and sales experience with accountability for achievement of KPI’s and Financial Targets and or similar technical support role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A proven background in the area of sales including a strong awareness of the sales and negotiation processes and an ability to sell collaboratively.
- An ability to develop and execute sales and account plans in line with marketing and key customer objectives.
- An ability to think strategically and creatively in order to maximize business opportunities, profitability and customer potential.
- An ability to understand technical products and related markets and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to easily build strong customer relationships and rapport at all levels of authority.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a passion for sales and achieving results.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, CRM, business analytics).
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- A high level of responsiveness and a passion to “go the extra mile” to help your customers.
- A team player who cultivates strong internal relationships.
What’s in it for you?
To access this job later or share with a friend, please enter Name and Email Address below.
- Access to Thermo Fisher’s global University and on the job training
- Employee recognition programs
- Career advancement opportunities as part of a leading global organisation
- Base Salary + Superannuation + Car Allowance + Commission
- Being a part of a diverse and engaging work culture
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address
Get customized job recommendations based on your career area of interest.
How would you rate your experience popup
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.