Our customer is a large diversified broadacre and horticulture farming enterprise producing cereals, fodder crops, onions, potatoes, grapes, livestock production and trading. The scale of production is significant across approximately 10,000 acres, and is located in the south-east region of South Australia. The group also has similar large farming operations in Victoria.
A vacancy has arisen for an Accountant to undertake monthly reporting and to work with costing models of the business to advise management on pricing strategy, cost control and to work collaboratively to achieve continuous improvement.
• Recognised tertiary qualifications in accounting;
• CPA or CA qualifications are preferred but not essential;
• 3-5 years of accounting experience, experience in agriculture desirable;
• Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and taxation law;
• Knowledge of MS Office and MYOB would be ideal but not essential;
• Well-developed analytical skills;
• Accurate, timely and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.