To coordinate an administrative support role to their supervisor and other staff and develop and monitor administrative practices and procedures within the office to ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided.
In this role you will:
– Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of efficient and effective work systems.
– Perform data entry and enquiry functions on database programs.
– Examine incoming correspondence to determine action.
– Distribute and register incoming and outgoing correspondence.
– Undertake general administrative duties as requested supporting management including diary management, organising meeting rooms and teleconferences, minute taking, word processing and spreadsheets, answering telephone enquiries, photocopying and faxing.
– Answer general enquiries at reception and direct visitors as required.
– Book travel including accommodation, car hire and flights.
– Provide advice on general administration aspects of the area operations.
– Designate cost codes and arrange approval of invoices.
– Liaise with officers at all levels within both public and private sectors in relation to the office activities.
– Manage own work-flow by negotiating and confirming work priorities for work completion in consideration of the needs of other officers.
– Efficient time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks as demands arise and with competing priorities.
– Assist with monitoring and maintaining the Integrated Offender Management System (IOMS) to ensure accurate statistics are available.
– Prepare, maintain, update and manage offender files.
– Ensure the security of files and appropriate access to the files by relevant staff and approved external agencies.
– Ensure the confidentiality of all documentation handled and maintain a secure filing system.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference Number: QLD/361475/21
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 January 2021