Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service (CHQ HHS) is a recognised leader in paediatric healthcare, teaching and research. With a dedicated team of more than 4,500 people, our point of difference is in the way we provide care to children, young people and their families every day. This is through our steadfast commitment to providing patient and family-centred care at every level of our service and our continuous drive for service and operational excellence.
- Job Type: Casual
- Position Type: Non-Standard-Hours
- Location: Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane – North,Brisbane – South,Brisbane – East,Brisbane – West
- Contact Name: Sheriden Lee
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 30-APR-21
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – Please note this Expression of Interest is NOT for a specific role. All applicants that apply for this position are kept for a period of one year and may be considered for any future roles that may need to be filled in the casual relief pool.
If you are required for an interview we will contact you directly.
IMMUNISATION PAPERWORK MUST BE PROVIDED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
if you are no longer wishing to be considered please withdraw your application.
TRAVEL IS A REQUIREMENT – GREATER BRISBANE AREA ONLY
The position of Administration Officer Relief Pool will:
To provide relief assignments for planned/unplanned leave for administration officers within the Queensland Children’s Hospital, to enable the continuation of the provision of administrative support and functions to staff, patients and visitors to facilitate effective clinical service delivery.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Provide reception services, including:
- Greeting patients and their families and responding to their needs;
- Providing a professional telephony service;
- Providing directions and advice regarding locations of services/and/or patients within the facility;
Provide an efficient and professional administrative support, which includes:
- Managing, distributing and sorting correspondence;
- Providing secretariat tasks and functions;
- Undertaking administrative tasks to support patient flow, patient care and movements within the facility;
- Liaising with various departments with regards to resources required;
- Maintaining data integrity by checking all data in the patient information and billing systems and modifying/updating to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures;
- Maintain and provide support in accordance with policies and procedures for both medical and administrative records;
- Supporting revenue generation by participating in new initiatives across Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Services;
- Complying with relevant administrative organisational goals and KPIs;
- Provide administrative tasks for the management of referrals, appointments and audits as directed;
- Contribute to daily operations by anticipating and completing administrative requirements to support both staff and patients;
- Participate in Performance Appraisal and Development plans in conjunction with management team;
- Comply with and adhere to Queensland Health policies, procedures, standards and legislation relevant to the role and work area;
- Execute ethical decision-making in the achievement of departmental and organisational objectives;
- Prioritise workload effectively and perform duties responsibly in the absence of supervision;
- Manage and undertake specific administration duties as directed;
- Position may be required to work shift work (24 hour rotations) as per allocated assignments;
- Position may be required to work across all administrative positions at QCH including, but not restricted to, wards, Outpatient Clinics and Directorates and comply with the areas’ roster requirements. This may include afternoon, evening, weekend shifts and some public holidays.
What CHQ HHS can offer
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia’s best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at CHQ HHS here.
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. Please refer to the attached Role Description for more information and what requirements may exist.
Two referees must be provided and be current/previous administration managers.