In this role, you will operate within the Administration and Student Services teams. Initially the successful applicant will be working in the capacity of Absentee Officer with a focus on the capture and processing of student attendance data. Ideally, the successful applicant will be competent with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), and have strong data entry and word processing skills. The position is part time, temporary with the possibility of extension at the end of the 2021 school year. This role consists of 6.5 hours per day plus ADO.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Part-time
- Location: Far North Qld
- Yearly Salary: $44859 – $53419
- Contact Name: Sandy Cook
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 16-FEB-21
Image Courtesy of Mareeba State High School
About Mareeba State High School
Mareeba State High School is a proud part of the community. With great success from students undertaking their studies, our school is also recognised for community support in areas of mental health, along with the focus on sport, gifted & talented, the arts, trade training and outdoor pursuits.
As the Administrative Officer you will have responsibility for but not limited to the following:
- Autonomy to perform a variety of day to day administrative and support services that are routine in nature and directed by the Principal or the Business Manager.
- Undertake routine activities including reception (telephone and counter enquiries), arranging appointments, correspondence and general administration, maintaining school records, such as incident reports, student admissions, enrolments and departures, processing incoming and outgoing mail and email, and once approved, ordering and arranging student transport for sport excursions, trips and other school activities.
- Assist with human resources tasks for school support staff, including printing of timesheets, leave applications and rosters. Perform a variety of other administrative or support services for school support staff, including printing of timesheets, leave applications and rosters, assisting with arranging approved relief for school support staff as directed.
- Administer day to day financial matters (e.g. process payments and orders, receipting, banking, reconciling invoices for payment, follow-up on late payments as directed by Principal or Business Manager. Input and export financial data to/from OneSchool.
- Assist with organising school maintenance and safety inspections as directed by the Principal or Business Manager; assist with the operation and control of school hire schemes and arrange bookings for community use of school facilities; undertake stock-takes of school plant and equipment.
- Prepare minutes of meetings, policy documents, reports, forms, newsletters, prospectuses, memorandums, examination papers, class notes and school Annual Reports. Draft, check correspondence, with guidance from the Principal or Business Manager concerning correspondence of a non-routine nature.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. school and departmental staff, parents, students, and community members); provides information and advice in line with school policies and/or Principal directives; and demonstrates empathy, emotional understanding and support.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.