The Office of the Governor exists to provide executive, personal, administrative and logistic support to the Governor and to manage Government House and the Government House Estate. This support enables the Governor to exercise the statutory and constitutional responsibilities and to fulfil the official, ceremonial, and civic duties of office.
Purpose of the Position
The Aide provides immediate administrative and personal support to the Governor and the Governor’s spouse and the Office of the Governor, and coordinates the Governor and spouse program, internally hosted and externally attended functions and events.
• Work in a dynamic and small team
• Coordinate and attend events hosted at Government House QLD
• Plan for and accompany Governor and Spouse attendance at events in Brisbane and QLD
• Plan and attend programmed intra state travel
• AO5 equivalent plus 15% loading for irregular hours and weekend work
• Experience in event management and travel coordination
• Commits to action and displays resilience
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a small team, developing productive working relationships
• Strong communication skills including demonstrated ability to research and prepare written communication
• Demonstrated knowledge or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of protocol procedures relevant to the role of the Governor of QLD
• Ability to work non-standard hours within a seven day roster
How to Apply Your EOI should include:
• A brief covering letter including your name, address and telephone number.
• Resume or curriculum vitae which includes an outline of your work experience relevant to this position.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to remain current for twelve months