Labour Support Group
negotiable / month
Based in Cobram, our client commenced business in March 2000 and owns farms which are spread over 200 acres of land. They have around 14,000 mature and young fruit trees of peaches and nectarines in the farms and are planting to 6,000 to 7,000 new plants.
Due to rigorous farming activity and expanding farm operations, a full-time skilled Arborist is required to work in the farms.
There is now a full time position available for the right person with a real commitment to safety and the ability to work within a team environment. You will be required to covers all aspects of tree work including EWP operation, formative and corrective pruning and tree removals.
This is a full-time role with an annual salary of $55,000 to $60,000 with superannuation.
- Perform general maintenance and development of all plants in the farm.
- Carry out general operational duties including hand weeding, weed spraying, mowing grass, pruning, hedge cutting, planting, seeding, turfing, setting out bedding
- Testing and maintaining soil conditions, and assessing soil and space requirements for new trees
- Planting new trees or woody plants and removing dead or unwanted trees
- Identifying and treating diseased trees and trimming tree branches and pruning trees.
- Applying specialized tree fertilizers and pesticides wherever necessary
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient use of all available equipment and manpower resources
- Lopping limbs off trees and using chain and handsaws for shaping branches
- Examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment accordingly
- Operate mechanical and electrical equipment including gardening, street cleansing machinery, portable hand tools and industrial power washer.
- Supervising, training and advising contract labour on general tree care process.
- Follow occupational health and safety procedures.
- Cert III in Arboriculture / Horticulture or an international equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ practical hands-on experience working on tree maintenance crews.
- Familiarity with Tree Protection Orders, Tree, Environment and Planning Legislations, Native Vegetation Acts and Environmental Overlays
- Experience in either the operation of Elevated Work Platforms and/or rope and harness tree climbing to conduct aerial tree inspections
- Current first aid, Chainsaw ticket, General Construction Safety Induction (Blue/White Card), MR Licence (preferred), High Risk Licence WP (preferred)
- Able to pass drug and health test