Metro South Health is Australia’s first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It’s also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people.
About the RoleProvide emergency and response services and protection of building infrastructure. Support the Facility Security Supervisor to ensure a high standard of service delivery to staff, patients and visitors through compliance to Metro South Hospital and Health Service policies and procedures.
* Able to do the 3 shifts (Early, Late and Night)
* Available to work across 7 days of the week
* Willing to work across multiple locations across Metro South Health including Princess Alexandra Hospital, QEII Jubilee Hospital, Redland Hospital and Bayside Health Service facilities, Logan Hospital and community facilities
* Willing to work anywhere within the hospital
* Aware that there is a request roster, however requested shifts are not guaranteed
* Complete assessment modules with on board and training competencies
* Must hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia
How to apply Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
* Complete the online questionnaire as part of your online application
* A one-page cover letter addressing the below questions on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would contribute to the overall services provided by Security Services:
a) Describe a time you had to make a decision, and you had several options (some risky) from which to choose. How did you determine which option had the greatest payoff and which one had the least payoff?
b) Describe a time you had to confront someone who violated a safety or security regulation. What approach did you take?
* Your current CV or resume, including two referees.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description The Process This Expression of Interest collects a variety of information that will help identify potentially suitable applicants for future employment opportunities. If deemed suitable your details will remain in the Talent Pool for a period of 12 months and you will be contacted at the time an opportunity arises. Additional selection processes (interview, reference checks and pre-employment checks) to further assess suitability for appointment to a specific position may be required.
* As part of the talent pool, you may be offered casual or temporary employment opportunities that become available based on the order of merit
* A pool will generally continue for a 12-month period
* If you are placed in the talent pool you may be offered a position within the relevant time period, however your appointment to a position is not guaranteed
* By submitting an Expression of Interest, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy at Metro South Health, please submit your application for the relevant vacancy via the Smart Jobs website and follow the process outlined for that vacancy
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and we encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service. You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team