Australia – Queensland, Townsville
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 56,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all the key markets that it serves.
In this exciting and challenging opportunity as a Bid Coordinator & Writer, you will be working under the direction of the leadership team and the Area Director of North Queensland and Northern Territory (NQNT), while being based in one of our Regional Queensland offices.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide bid management and editorial support to the NQNT Region (Darwin, Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton and Townsville), including bid coordination, non-technical writing, editing and collation; monitoring capture planning and strategic pursuits.
Due to the regional support function of this role, we are open to suitable candidates being based in either our Townsville, Cairns, Mackay or Rockhampton offices on a permanent basis.
As a successful and proven Bid Coordinator & Writer, you will support AECOM’s North Queensland Team and utilise your background in technical bid coordination and writing in order to assist and drive civil engineering bids across the NQNT region.
You will provide highly valued support with a range of bidding activities including assistance with business-critical bids, development of project profiles and pen pics, editorial review of bid documentation as well as facilitating bid strategy workshops. You will coach others in order to build internal capability in bid writing, review/edit proposal documents, prepare presentations and content for interviews, monitor industry trends and work closely with our Brisbane-based Capture/Bid team.
The role of Bid Coordinator & Writer is a hugely diverse role which will not only involve you in strategic aspects of bids, but also focus on non-technical writing and the editing of technical content to best meet client stated requirements, while working closely with our project teams, business development professionals, Engineers, Designers and Directors.
The role of Bid Coordinator & Writer is highly diverse and will require many of the following attributes:
* Qualifications and/or skills and experience relevant to bid writing and preparation of tender documents in any industry background welcomed;
* Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade in order to meet business objectives and escalate issues where timelines or quality will be impacted;
* Prior experience in content collation and review of client-facing materials to support business development and bidding activity;
* Confidence in reviewing and editing technical/engineering proposal documents;
* Time management and organisational skills – ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines, prioritising tasks and coordinating others to ensure deadlines are met;
* Exceptional written communication skills including the ability to draw out, identify and communicate key messages;
* Demonstrated experience engaging with stakeholders and developing professional, productive working relationships;
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment, and to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation;
* Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate initiative.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe suite.
* Prior background and proven exposure to bid management processes within a construction or engineering environment, highly desirable (but not essential).
**Benefits at AECOM**
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing:
* Flexible start and finish times, working from home and job share options;
* State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
* Work-from-home equipment packages and assistance;
* Paid parental and partner leave;
* Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
* Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
* Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
* Employee stock purchase plans;
* Paid study assistance;
* Professional and technical development opportunities.
AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM and in the absence of a signed Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Marketing
**Business Line** Geography OH
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 241138BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.