A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
The engineering industry globally is undergoing several design & documentation changes, requiring niche specialist BIM and technology skills, complemented by strong facilitation and consultation skills. As a result, we are looking to expand our BIM team and looking for a collaborative and detailed specialist BIM (Revit) Management Coordinator to join our Melbourne Buildings team.
An immediate start or start with notice period available, so encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible to be considered!
Maybe you are looking to move out of a pure production environment and looking for a role that gets you actively facilitating, innovating, and embracing broader digital skillsets? Our ideal candidate will be technically savvy and looking to continue their growth into a more client-facing role with an active aspect of running and leading project presentations.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
•Proficiency with BIM software (Revit, Solibri, Navisworks); and developing 3D spatial awareness and coordination skills.
•Ability to communicate and facilitate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
•Ability to tactfully communicate potential issues in models and direct suggested follow-up actions.
•Approximately 2-4 years’ experience specifically related to Building Services design and engineering, drawing production and BIM/Revit modelling and review.
• Awareness of the consulting engineering environment and an understanding or experience of Building Services design and engineering, drawing production and BIM/Revit modelling.
• Degree not required, though a specific BIM TAFE certificate would be viewed favourably.
About the role
In this role, you will function as a multi-disciplinary BIM Management Coordinator within the Melbourne Buildings group supporting a more Senior MEP BIM Manager. You will actively pull together information and parties and bringing it all into clear models and workshops to enhance collaborative facilitation. This role is an important part of the team in delivering high quality BIM models, data and documentation and enables smooth designs and collaboration and a wide range of impactful and high-profile projects.
In this role you will:
• Undertake Building Information Modelling activities team with appropriate modelling software (Revit).
• Provide technical input and facilitation on total project delivery for a broad range of projects ranging from Commercial, Arts & Culture, Education, Data centres and more.
• Collaborate on similar projects undertaken by other Arup offices within the Australasia Division where engineering design services are not available.
• Assist with the development of the current BIM team and assist in developing the skill base within the team to meet future needs in a BIM environment.
• Assist the BIM Leader and Model Managers as required on multi-disciplinary digital projects, submitting high quality work that is accurate and meets quality standards.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
The Talent Acquisition team contact for this role is Carmen Drake – [email protected]
We are happy to accept candidate portfolios as supplementary material to your application. We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so encourage you to apply asap to be considered.
Please note that we prefer to engage candidates directly and will not accept unsolicited agency cvs.