In 2017 Schneider Electric was ranked in the Top 10 places to work in Australia and top 25 globally! We offer a flexible work environment enabling you to take control of how you get your work done. We are global specialists in energy management and automation and our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Based in **Macquarie Park, Sydney** and reporting to the Solutions Delivery Manager, we have a great opportunity for a commercially astute and customer focused **Building Management Systems (BMS) Small Works Engineer** to join our high performing Buildings team.
In this diverse role you will oversee small BMS projects on customer sites, design, engineer and commission BMS controls including final handover and engage sub-contractors for installations.
You will delegate and coordinate resources across multiple small works projects and manage customer expectations and relationships.
In addition, you will support our Account Managers with technical sales by providing technical advice and information.
Regular travel to client sites across the Sydney metropolitan area and regional areas of New South Wales will be required. Out of hours work will be required on occasion.
**The keys to your success are:**
* Extensive experience in the engineering and project management of small BMS projects from sales handover to completion
* Experience in retro-fit projects and live building cut-overs
* Experience with engaging sub-contractors and financial management of contracts
* Experience with engineering and commissioning of BMS controls
* The ability to fault find and diagnose controls systems and mechanical HVAC plant operation
* The ability to accurately cost new BMS solutions and variations
* The ability to prepare project documentation including functional descriptions and valve/damper schedules
* The ability to interpret mechanical and electrical specifications and drawings
* Experience in system and control integration using standard BMS protocols BACNET/MODBUS/LON
* A tertiary or trade qualification in a related discipline (mechanical, electrical or electronic)
You have excellent communication skills and a strong team focus; you thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment and enjoy working on multiple projects with diverse stakeholders to achieve outstanding results.
Highly organised and efficient, you work well autonomously and can be relied upon to meet deadlines.
**Developing great relationships and innovative solutions to satisfy your customers drives and motivates you!**
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
**All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.**
**Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.**
*Primary Location:* AU-New South Wales-Sydney – Macquarie Park
*Unposting Date:* Jul 6, 2019, 1:59:00 AM
*Req ID:* 00559O