About this role
• Iconic Melbourne brand;
• Provide analysis, business case writing and investment governance services;
• 4 year contract.
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community.
As the operator of Yarra Trams, we bring our international expertise to Melbourne to ensure we deliver safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To support this, Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to provide analysis, business case writing and investment governance services to develop step-change improvements to Yarra Trams’ operations that are enabled by Operational Control and Management Systems (OCMS).
What the role entails
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to develop works (planned or unplanned) using recognised modelling methods and techniques to support investment decisions.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy & relationships, the role involves:
• Qualifying and developing new requests for complex and moderate changes that require the modification of OCMS or the introduction of new OCMS to improve business capability;
• Supporting the development of business cases through writing the case, analysis and consultation with stakeholders (DOT, market suppliers and internal YT staff);
• Facilitating approvals through governance;
• Coordinating and facilitating work-shops and meetings with stakeholders;
• Attending and actively participating in the Department of Transport OCMS Planning Group;
• Performing risk assessments with stakeholders, identifying effective treatment controls and price where required using various techniques.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this opportunity, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in business and/or technology fields (preferred);
• Accredited Investment Management facilitator (desirable);
• 3 + years experience writing technology-enabled business cases;
• Knowledge and experience of information technology governance, portfolio management and delivery of technology enabled change projects;
• 3+ years experience working in State Government, public transport or utility sectors;
• Proven track record of building solid working relationships with senior IT and Business executives, in a government and/or engineering organization;
• Knowledge of Investment management techniques such as Investment Logic Mapping, ROI, NPV modelling and monte carlo simulation;
• Strong product-based planning and resource/cost estimation experience;
• Strong Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills. PowerBI (desirable)