Careers at Council
negotiable / month
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join our Corporate Development unit as a Business Improvement Specialist.
In this position you will provide expert advice on process improvements, find innovative ways to improve efficiencies across Council, drive customer-centric solutions and support the achievement of the Council’s vision of being a leading organisation that innovates and collaborates.
This opportunity will be offered on a permanent full time basis.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $90,132 (Grade H, Step1) + 9.5% super
Your duties in this role will include:
- Lead and facilitate business improvement projects using various methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, etc.
- Streamline end-to-end processes and deliver quantifiable value
- Apply the business excellence framework and research skills to identify best practice techniques and develop innovative solutions
- Build capability and influence a culture of continuous improvement by engaging all levels of the organisation in business improvement
- Facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to ensure requirements are gathered and well documente
- Collaborate across the business to ensure buy-in
- Train a team of Business Improvement ‘Champions’ who will implement improvements across the business
- Provide support for performance and compliance audits and support the organisation to implement approved recommendations
*For a full list of duties, please refer to the position description.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or related discipline
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and understanding of business information systems, process mapping software (such as Promapp) and business improvement tools and methodologies
- Significant experience within a Business Improvement role
- Extensive experience in end-to-end process improvement project delivery including identifying opportunities for improvement, mapping processes and delivering results to maximize efficiencies
- Experience in leading and facilitating workshops with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to handle complex problems, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate, liaise, influence, challenge and build relationships at all levels with diverse customers and internal stakeholders
- A strong commitment to fostering a culture of innovation and excellence underpinned by the Australian Business Excellence Framework principles.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Located in Bankstown (close to public transport)
- Opportunity to earn additional leave (Accrued Time Off)
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- 2019 Employer of Choice! – work for an award-winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
You can submit your application by clicking the “Apply Now” button and creating a login using your email address.
When submitting your application, make sure to address the essential criteria mentioned in the position description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 20 September 2020.
For more information, please contact Farah Khalil (Team Leader Business Improvement) on 02 9707 5526.
Looking after communities throughout Australia involves an amazing range of skills and abilities.