Busway Shift Co-ordinator
Transport and Main Roads (Organisation site ( http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/ ))
Translink Operations; Passenger Transport Services; TransLink; Brisbane
The Busway Operations Team manages the daily operation of the South East Queensland Busway Network to provide safe, accessible and efficient public transport services to TransLink customers each day.
The Busway Network spans over 30kms of integrated infrastructure, linking over 70 million passengers each year with essential sporting, cultural, health, educational and employment precincts in the Brisbane area.
As a Busway Shift Co-ordinator, you will supervise the Busway Operations frontline teams’ management of critical incidents, safety hazards, contractors and maintenance programs to ensure incident-free operation of the Busway Network. It is a fast paced operational environment in which you will work actively with a range of stakeholders including Bus Service Providers and Emergency Services to ensure the safety and security of the Busway and its users.
Accountabilities include :
• Consistently lead, supervise and coach a team of 24 operational Busway Safety employees by:
o Providing oversight to incident-management;
o Providing oversight to the management of contractors undertaking works on the Busway network;
o Ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures;
o Developing a positive and inclusive team culture consistent with TMR’s values;
o Debriefing team members following incidents to ensure their continued professional development;
o Maintaining staff rosters including the coverage of staff absences and leave; and
o Carrying out administrative management duties.
• Coordinate the Busway Operations team’s response to incidents, considering the impact on public transport operations, and ensuring congruence with best practice and internal risk management policies and procedures.
• Coordinate the Busway Operations team’s response to Special Events such as Riverfire, New Year’s Eve, and various sporting and cultural events impacting the Busway network and public transport operations.
• Undertake continuous improvement activities to enhance future incident management through the investigation and evaluation of incident response, as well as the development, review and revision of policies, procedures and operating frameworks.
• Develop, implement and evaluate operational plans to manage the impacts of events and activities on the Busway network, including Permit to Work systems and Service and Business Continuity Plans.
• Build and maintain productive and consistent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by:
o Responding consistently to queries as the team’s primary interface for operational issues;
o Communicating the status of operations, and the operational requirements of the Busway network;
o Escalating information through the team’s management structure as appropriate.
o Positively and constructively participating in meetings as a representative of TransLink and the Busway Operations team in order to pursue an agenda relevant to the operations of the Busway network.
• Proactively manage and supervise within the workplace all aspects of staff performance management including documented appraisal and staff development, ethical behaviour and decision making.
• Provide a safe and healthy workplace through managing resources to ensure compliance with workplace health and safety and employee rehabilitation legislation, codes of practice, standards and TransLink policy and procedures including risk management and adherence to TransLink WH&S reporting programs.
This position reports to the Principal Busway Officer and oversees the supervision of 22 front-line 24/7 continuous shift Busway Safety Officers and 2 Busway Customer Service Officers.
Mandatory requirements :
o Current First Aid accreditation (HLTAID003 Provide first aid)*
o Current Traffic Control accreditation (RIIWHS205D CONTROL TRAFFIC WITH A STOP/SLOW BAT)*
o Hold a current unrestricted Australian ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
*TransLink will provide training and/or renewal of qualifications as a part of the training program to be undertaken by the successful applicant.
Applications to remain current for 12 months