The Department of Transport and Main Roads is seeking a high performing and innovative AO3 Casual Driving Examiner to join its team in Mackay.
In the role of Casual Driving Examiner you will conduct practical driving assessments for Queensland driver’s licences using well developed interpersonal skills with total commitment to quality customer service delivery. You will be able to recognise and apply creative solutions to problems as they arise, be sensitive to organisational issues and be able to work as a member of a team and communicate clearly with a wide range of clients in writing and in person.
– Conduct driving assessments to determine the competency of applicants for all classes of driver’s licence held by the incumbent.
– Contribute to the operation of Customer Service Centres in accordance with relevant Public Sector industrial agreements.
– Consult, liaise and provide advice to all stakeholders on matters relating to driver licence assessment and road safety.
– Prepare correspondence, submissions and reports as required.
– Demonstrated knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the Act, Regulations, Policies and practices relating to the driver licence assessment function.
– A sound knowledge of or the ability to acquire a sound knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues, particularly equal opportunity and anti-discrimination practices.
– Actively participate in personal performance planning and appraisal through accepting and providing positive and constructive feedback. Undertake training and development opportunities that are identified as necessary to achieve work unit goals, and gain awareness of corporate responsibilities through the appropriate induction processes and participation in other relevant programs.
– Contribute to a safe and healthy workplace by complying with Workplace Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice, standards and departmental policy and procedures and participating in risk management and corrective action programs. Ensure that security systems are observed.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.