- Located on the grounds of St Brendan’s Lake Munmorah
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
- Permanent Part-time hours – 30 hours per week
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith based agency providing innovative social care services to 14000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Childcare Educator to work at our Early Learning Centre based at Lake Munmorah. The successful candidate will assist the Coordinator/Teacher and the team in providing high quality care and education for children, also taking a prominent role in helping to prepare, document, implement and evaluate the program.
The hours will be worked as 10 hour shifts over the 3 days.
The Child Care Educator is responsible for:
- Assisting in implementing and evaluating programs for children aged 3– 5 years in an Early Learning Centre
- Assisting the Coordinator in ensuring adherence to and compliance with relevant law, regulations such as the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Framework and National Regulations and Standards
- Providing a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment for children
- Building strong and effective relationships with children and their families
To be considered for this role you will:
- Hold a Diploma in Children Services
- Possess relevant experience working in Children Services
- Have a high level of understanding and demonstrated experience in regards to the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- Possess current Working with Children Clearance, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and Identify and Respond.
- Ability to build respectful relationships with fellow educators, families, children and other professionals
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.