Australia – New South Wales, Sydney
Our Highways and Bridges Team in Sydney has a fantastic opportunity for a Roads and Highways Civil Design Lead to join our high performing team in NSW. With guidance and mentoring from our team of specialists, you will be given exposure to a range of projects across the region, enabling you to further develop your technical and client relationship skills. We currently have NSW based project opportunities on some of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
Your scope of work will range from projects involving feasibility studies and strategic designs, concept designs, detailed design and construction support. As part of a multi-disciplinary organisation, this role will see you collaborating with other disciplines associated with the delivery of roads and highways projects, giving you wider exposure and understanding across small, medium and large-scale projects.
Your day to day role will include:
* Management of a team of highly skilled Engineers, Cad and MX/12D design resources.
* Provide design leadership and influence to generate innovative and high-quality design outcomes.
* Manage the interface between Project Managers and Discipline Leads
* Work with the project leadership to identify changes of scope, resourcing and/or priority of packages that may impact delivery against schedule.
* Liaise with TfNSW stakeholder groups during the development of the Designs.
* Generate fee and programme estimates and track progress.
Your experience will have seen you undertake general civil works including road design and urban precinct planning for both government and private clients. You will be joining AECOM as a Senior/Principal Civil Engineer and you will have a strong appreciation of both road design and ancillary road design elements including drainage, road signage, line marking, road furniture, miscellaneous structures and utilities.
* Bachelor and CpEng in Civil Engineering or similar
* Substantial years of experience in road design with knowledge of Austroads, DMRB, RMS/TfNSW or ASSHTO Standards
* Experience in managing teams to deliver design packages
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering – Civil
**Business Line** Transportation
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 240150BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.