Queensland Health - West Moreton Hospital and Health Service
negotiable / month
The Endoscopy Unit is a purpose-built multidisciplinary unit operating two procedure rooms providing diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy as well as Bronchoscopy, Urology procedures and ECT. The unit operates Monday to Friday business hours with the ability to perform 24-hour emergency patient care.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time,Part-time
- Location: Brisbane – West,Ipswich region
- Yearly Salary: $96909 – $103768
- Contact Name: Jodie Hey
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 27-JAN-21
About the role
Supporting excellence in Endoscopy Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is an expert clinician that provides direct nursing care and clinical coordination whilst optimising the patient flow process and enabling enhanced access to patient care services. The Clinical Nurse works in conjunction with the NBCSP and Multidisciplinary team to provide individualised quality patient care for all patients focusing on service coordination, ensuring waitlists are efficiently managed, patients are treated within clinically recommended timeframes and support provided for complex patients requiring Endoscopy services.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate advanced level clinical and problem-solving skills; expert planning and coordination skills in the clinical management and delivery of comprehensive person-centred care.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of contemporary practice and theory in speciality area
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the relevant standards and processes; engages in incident investigation, risk mitigation strategies that foster and support safe practice.
- Build and maintain strong relationships, open communication within a healthcare team
- Demonstrate ongoing learning and professional development to provide quality person centred care and health education to patients/residents/ clients and others.
- Actively contribute to the learning and development of others.
- Participate in developing and undertaking quality initiatives and audits, identifying inconsistencies between policy and practice.
- Work collaboratively in leading implementation of policies, practice changes and clinical innovations.
- Integrate advanced theoretical knowledge and application of quality framework, evidence based practice and research to practice environment.
- Demonstrate application of advanced clinical leadership through effective delegation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate a very high standard of personal and professional behaviour and create a culture that reinforces personal and professional standards
- Demonstrate advanced clinical knowledge, skills and competence in Gastroenterology nursing practice and theory.
- Assessment care planning and evaluation of complex nursing care and practice
- Providing collaborative care and engaging in reflective practice that positively impacts patient’s outcomes
- Working with integrity and commitment to patient, unit and organisational goals.
Vaccination Preventable Disease
This role is designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk role’. You must be able to provide evidence that you either:
- have been vaccinated against the VPD’s listed in the role description; or
- you are not susceptible to the VPD’s listed in the role description.
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. More information and evidence forms can be found at here.
To apply you will need to download and read the role description and information package, please provide your CV or resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role, taking into account the key accountabilities of the role. If you are viewing this advertisement on Seek, to access the Role Description please click on ‘Apply for this job’ to be taken to our website.