- Join a progressive Aged Care organisation at an exciting time
- Senior Nursing position
- Be rewarded for your contributions to this Not for Profit organisation
Alwyndor is looking for dedicated and professional Clinical Nurse to join our team.
Owned by the City of Holdfast Bay, Alwyndor is the operator of the Dorothy Cheater Trust. We deliver on-site residential care and outreach community and therapy services to the area’s older population. Alwyndor’s long history of caring for the elderly in our community and will continue into the future.
About the Role
Opportunities exist for accomplished nursing professionals, with leadership ability, to join a highly respected, community minded Aged Care organisation in a key role, at an exciting time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary team members to ensure person centred focus is maintained in all aspects of the resident’s life
- Providing supervision and leadership to care staff and working to increase the knowledge and skills of staff in person centred care and consistent care service delivery including support, direction and education
- Facilitating a best practice approach and smooth transition for new residents utilising person centred care principles
- Undertaking comprehensive contemporary, systematic and accurate nursing assessment of new residents to formulate a plan of care in consultation with residents/nominated representatives which promotes health and wellbeing
- Issue medications prescribed by the doctor in accordance with duty of care and standards of nursing practice
- Participating in the review and development of organisational policies and procedures
- Undertaking relevant quality activities including internal and external audit, incident management and analysis, review of adverse events
- Providing timely response to feedback from residents, families and other stakeholders
- Identifying and participating in continuous improvement activities including specific projects related to accreditation standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- current registration as a registered nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency
- demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate staff to achieve organisational goals
- an understanding of requirements of Regulatory Compliance and accreditation
- comprehensive clinical knowledge, particularly to age related health issues
- an understanding of aged care funding processes and required documentation
- an understanding of quality systems and commitment to continuous improvement
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience interacting with a wide range of people
- Ability to logically prioritise varying work demands;
Alwyndor is a family friendly community organisation and understands the importance of work/life balance.
Alwyndor is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Nursing and Health Professional Students are encouraged to apply.