Position Title: Clinical Nurse Educator
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Hours per week: Up to 20 hours per week
Position Grade: Clinical Nurse Educator Level 2
Salary: $100,746.38 p.a.
Enterprise Agreement : Named NSW (non-declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Nurses Agreement, 2017
Department Name: Psychiatric and Non-Prescription Drug Assessment (PANDA)
A vacancy exists in the above unit for a highly motivated Registered Nurse with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team. Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant will be expected to be able to:
• Work to develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of nursing and other clinical staff in the clinical environment of St Vincent’s Public Hospital.
• Asses, develop and evaluate the clinical education needs of staff in the clinical environment. Working with the Nursing Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse Consultants and Stream Manager to identify these needs.
• Ensure all permanent and transient staff have adequate access clinical resources relevant to the requirements of psychiatric and drug and alcohol patients.
• Delivery of education that is both current and within best practice guidelines.
• Integration, development and evaluation of new staff, Transition to Practice and Pathway to Practice staff within the PANDA unit.
• Works with Nurse Unit Manger to ensure all relevant mandatory training is completed efficiently to St Vincent’s Hospital Guidelines
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph’s Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent’s Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia’s not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God’s love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent’s is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases – Policy Directive Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020_017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney has an Australian Taxation Office (ATO) approved salary packaging scheme in place to increase the take home pay of staff. For information about the scheme go to https://www.smartsalary.com.au/