Eventide is a 110-bed residential aged care facility, located in the rural township of Charters Towers. To create a home-like environment for our residents, the facility has open visiting hours and actively encourages family to participate in resident activities and care planning.
If you are a clinical Nurse and share our passion and commitment to provide patients with high quality clinical care, we would love to hear from you!
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Townsville region
- Yearly Salary: $94545 – $101237
- Contact Name: Helene Fotinos
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 01-MAR-21
Eventide Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) is a Queensland Health managed aged care service within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS) and is located at Charters Towers. The facility provides care for 110 residents with 26 places for dementia care, 10 places for psychogeriatric care and 74 places for older persons who require care due to fragility and complex care needs. It is now a requirement (since COVID 19 Pandemic) that ALL staff, visitors and contractors entering Residential Aged Care Facilities have proof of the annual influenza vaccination or an approved exemption.
About the position
The Clinical Nurse is an advanced level clinician who is responsible for a portfolio and has a focus on clinical care and leadership to support other nursing staff and students whilst assisting in the achievement of service goals. As the CN, you will demonstrate advanced level expertise and the clinical skills in the context of residential aged care. The CN provides care in accordance with the Practice Standards as identified by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board.
Mandatory qualifications/ professional registration/ other requirements
- Mandatory: Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable: Postgraduate qualifications relevant to the position or working towards a relevant qualification.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Drivers Licence: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate license endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- The applicant ideally will have a working knowledge of a range of software packages used in the clinical and management environment, including the Microsoft Windows, Excel, Access, Matrix and Power Point.
- Travel: Please note, from time-to-time this position will be required to travel to, and work at, other facilities located within the Rural Hospitals Service Group network to participate in meetings for planning, quality, performance, training and education, or clinical activities. This may involve day and/or overnight stays. Travel on small planes or ferry may be required. The successful applicant/s will need to be able to commit to this requirement.
- If employment is at a Multipurpose Health Service or Residential Aged Care Facility an Aged Care Pre Employment Screening will be required: Under section 96-1 of the Aged Care Act 1997 and the Department of Health Police Certificate Guidelines 2017, appointees to the position will require a current National Police Certificate. Townsville HHS will facilitate applicants obtaining the above check.
- If employment is at a Multipurpose Health Service or Residential Aged Care Facility it is a requirement to undertake annual vaccination against influenza.
- Pre-employment screening, including criminal history and discipline history checks, may be undertaken on persons recommended for employment. Roles providing health, counselling and support services mainly to children will require a blue card, unless otherwise exempt.
- Employees who are permanently appointed to Queensland Health may be required to undertake a period of probation appropriate to the appointment.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies