Are you up for living and working in the beautiful NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting? Employment Type : Permanent Full Time
Position Classification : Clinical Nurse Specialist Gde 2
Remuneration : $100746.38 – $104054.5
Hours Per Week : 38
Requisition ID : REQ185920
Location: (see link for local information) About the Opportunity The Far West LHD has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Clinical Nurse Specialist to join the vibrant, multidisciplinary team at the Broken Hill Health Service as the Safety Culture Coordinator. In the role, you will plan, develop, implement and evaluate strategies for embedding a strong safety culture in the Far West LHD. We are looking for an experienced leader who will develop, lead and provide governance to staff, patient safety and clinical risk initiatives in collaboration with key stakeholders.
You will also have the opportunity to develop a governance structure to support the implementation of an Integrated Quality/Risk Safety Management Plan. Working in the beautiful, rural town of Broken Hill, you will enjoy all the benefits of country living including affordable housing, no traffic and a peaceful lifestyle that supports balance and wellbeing. What We Can Offer You Working for the Far West NSW LHD may come with the following benefits:• 1 week extra paid annual leave every year
• Isolation and climate allowance
• Staff accommodation at cheaper than private rental rates (subject to availability)
• Corporate membership to local gyms
• Generous salary sacrificing and packaging
• Car leases and free parking at all facilities
• Support through advanced education and training
• Annual innovation and staff excellence awards About Broken Hill Often referred to as the “Capital of the Outback”, Broken Hill is an iconic mining town in far west NSW full of spirit, history, diversity and character. It was Australia’s first city to be Nationally Heritage listed and has a bunch of natural and man-made attractions to explore from the Sculpture Symposium to the oldest regional gallery in NSW.
Far away from the light pollution of the big cities, Broken Hill is an ideal location for star gazing. With a number of lookouts that are perfect for indulging in spectacular sunsets over the vast, flat landscape. It is a really a remote town like no other with a thriving night life as well as the fabulous annual Broken Heel Festival featuring performances from Australia’s best drag queens and showgirls.
With just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr45m flight from Melbourne or a 3hr15m flight from Sydney, Broken Hill provides a truly unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
Watch this video to see it for yourself:
Skills and Knowledge
About The Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District makes up the western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia, Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated resident population of 30,000, employing over 800 staff across 9 facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect, and Empowerment.