The Townsville Hospital Women’s and Children’s Clinics is seeking dual Registered Nurse/Midwives with varied experience to fill future permanent and temporary, full and part-time vacancies.
The model of care for nursing and midwifery services in Townsville Hospital and Health Service is focused on patient/client care, and is based on a continuum of care model. Nurses and midwives function as equal members within a multidisciplinary team and are committed to advocating on behalf of patients/clients. Our team focus is based on the principles of family centred care. You will be providing direct nursing care utilising clinical skills, education and support to children / families and nursing staff to ensure the provision of best practice and quality patient care in a family centred environment.
* Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery (or equivalent) current AHPRA registration as both a Registered Nurse and a Registered Midwife (mandatory)
* C Class driver’s licence (mandatory)
* Completion of the Townsville Hospital mandatory competencies and the Maternity Support Unit mandatory competencies within three months of commencement.
About the employerThe Townsville Hospital and Health Service includes 18 hospital and community campuses and 2 aged care facilities; it covers an area roughly two and a half times the size of France and provides complex, high level services to more than 600,000 residents across a wide range of specialities. The main hospital (TTH) facility is a state-of-the-art tertiary referral hospital (the only tertiary hospital in North Queensland) and is the major teaching hospital for the James Cook University’s schools of medicine, nursing and allied health and for the Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE. Referrals are from across North Queensland, as far north as Cape York Peninsula and the Torres Strait Islands, and west to Mount Isa and the Gulf of Carpentaria and even overseas from Papua New Guinea. Our organisation is proactive and committed to delivering excellence in healthcare by adapting a `person centred’ approach to care across our patient’s lifespan. If you are dynamic, innovative and prepared to help advance healthcare in the tropics, then the Townsville HHS could be the right fit for you. Join us today and enjoy generous employment benefits, a rewarding career and development opportunities. About the locationTownsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and the perfect laid-back tropical/coastal lifestyle Townsville offers stunning natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle… Townsville offers families, couples and individuals a place to call home.
Other information – Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD)
* Roles that have a direct contact with patients or who in the course of their work may be exposed to blood/body fluids or contaminated sharps are required to be immunised for Hepatitis B.
* Roles that have contact that would allow acquisition and/or transmission of measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and pertussis, and have face to face contact with patients and/or work in a clinical area require evidence of immunisation of the aforementioned diseases.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.