RoadTek are seeking a Construction Worker Band C (Supervisor) to join our Wide Bay Operations team. In this role you will supervise the delivery of road and civil infrastructure projects to ensure construction and maintenance services meet client and business objectives.
In the role of Construction Worker (Supervisor) you will supervise the delivery of road and civil infrastructure projects to ensure construction and maintenance services meet client and business objectives. You will assist in the effective supervision and utilisation of resources to achieve project outcomes and provide leadership in the implementation of change initiatives at the project level. You will also develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, stakeholders and the project team.
– A reasonable amount of travel consistent with industry standards will be required throughout the State.
– You may be required to travel to other locations to undertake activities for varying periods of time. You will be entitled to expenses and allowances for such travel.
– Applicants must possess a current, valid Queensland “C” class driver’s licence or equivalent.
– Possession of a Certificate III in Civil Construction applicable to modern transport infrastructure projects, plus core Leadership and Management competencies, is required. Alternatively, applicants must have the ability to acquire these competencies within 18 months.
– RoadTek civil tradespersons are predominately employed in Asset Management business units located around the state, but at times may be asked to perform work in other business units on a temporary or permanent basis depending on business needs. In order to maintain commercial viability, construction workers when rotating between business units, will be required to implement flexible working arrangements consistent with the arrangements in the current Industrial Instruments which covers mobility and site-specific arrangements.
– RoadTek tradespersons will be expected to gain and maintain competencies that are consistent with business needs (mainly mobility between business units), through participation in the Civil Trades Development Program (CTDP). Additional competencies are classified into categories of work or safety which may be mandatory for some employees due to legislation requirements, and RoadTek supports employees undertaking formal training requiring an established level of numeracy and literacy skills.
– Participation in Civil Trades Development Program (CTDP) is mandatory.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/362764/21
Closing date: Friday, 12 February 2021