Reporting to the Chief Civil/Structural Engineer, the Civil Designer is to provide engineering and construction design support related to Earthworks, Roads and Drainage systems, in compliance with relevant statutory codes of practice, client requirements and company standards such that the work is consistent with the overall objectives of the Project.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Liaise with projects personnel to gather data on project requirements and schedules
* Develop installation and design concepts in conjunction with project personnel and design engineers
* Ensure technical correctness and compliance with standard procedures and design basis
* Ensure that schedules are met in accordance with Project requirements
* Train and mentor junior members of the team
* Develop and upgrade standard practices to meet or exceed to expectations of the project requirements and corporate HSE
* Assist in the technical/commercial preparation of bid and tender packages
You should possess the following:
* Extensive Design experience including but not limited to Infrastructure and Resource projects
* Detailed understanding of design drafting and the processes involved for Earthworks, Road and Drainage Design
* The ability to work without the need for direct supervision
* Must be conversant with 12D Terrain Modelling and must be fully conversant with AutoCad and Microstation. Knowledge of Infraworks is also preferable
The client is a leading provider of engineering services to the oil & gas industry, providing full cycle support services to both onshore and offshore facilities across Australia, Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe. With over 6000 employees, our client has been providing delivery excellence for almost 100 years.