**_Who are we?_**
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the indisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
**_What do we stand for?_**
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
**_What is the role?_**
Experience in supporting the delivery of Software projects is a mandatory requirement. Experience in supporting the delivery of Software projects is a mandatory requirement.
Based in Sydney, we have an opportunity for an individual to join the Schneider team in the capacity of Contract Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Contract Management Asia Pacific, you will be instrumental in driving successful project execution through consistent and commercially sound contract life-cycle management. Experience in supporting the delivery of Software projects is essential.
**_At the tender phase:_**
* Propose commercial strategy for winning contractual set-up and work with the Legal team who will lead the contract review and negotiation;
* Identify, review and mitigate financial, and tax related risks in consultation with the relevant subject matter experts;
* Support the finalisation of contracts with customers or subcontractors in accordance with the rules of engagement and consultation with various subject matter experts;
* Ensure back to back terms with key suppliers are implemented as appropriate;
* Review final contract against agreed and approved position;
* Perform a contract handover to the execution team, ensuring their understanding of key contractual aspects.
**_At the execution phase:_**
* Administer the project execution against contractual rights and obligations;
* Ensure that contractual supply obligations are performed, properly documented and closely followed up ;
* Support project manager on risk and opportunity identification and management;
* Identify, prepare, submit, and negotiate variation orders and claims with both customer and subcontractors in a timely and effective manner;
* Draft contractual correspondences
* Participate in project reviews, propose and support mitigation actions as required;
* Ensure local tax, bonding, insurance & customs issues are identified and addressed.
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
* Degree qualifications in Finance, Business, or Project Management
* Extensive contract management experience within a multiple project environment
* Variation and Claims management experience in project execution
* Hands on project execution, tender response and risk assessment experience;
* Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
* Ability to effectively manage time, prioritise work, multi-task across many assignments;
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
**All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.**
*Primary Location:* AU-New South Wales-Sydney – Macquarie Park
*Unposting Date:* Jul 11, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* 005BCY