This talent pipeline is open for candidates to register their interest as a Custodial Correctional Officer (CCO) throughout Queensland, to assist Queensland Corrective Services (QCS) identify potentially suitable applicants for employment opportunities at any time of the year.
If deemed suitable, your details will remain in the Custodial Correctional Officer – Talent Pipeline and you will be contacted further by QCS Recruitment at the time an opportunity arises. QCS Recruitment will request your participation in a recruitment and selection process to further determine suitability for employment.
About the Role
As a Custodial Correctional officer, you will play a vital role in making the state of Queensland a safe place to live. You will be tasked with securing prisoners and assisting in their rehabilitation. Your challenge is to help them return home with a greater respect for our laws and a willingness to positively contribute to their communities.
To thrive in the job, you will need energy, empathy and resilience. We are not concerned if you’ve been a tradie, an accountant, a hairdresser or a teacher – we want Custodial Correctional Officers with life skills. We want officers who communicate well and can find common ground with anyone.
What skills & experience do you need?
No previous experience in a similar role, or any particular qualifications are required to be successful in this position. We know that a good Custodial Correctional Officer comes from a variety of backgrounds and as such, we encourage people from all different races, genders and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Instead, what we value is life experience, resilience and maturity. Whilst we will provide extensive training and support, this role isn’t for everyone and as such we look for people who can show the following attributes:
• Self-confidence and calm under pressure
• Conflict management and problem-solving skills
• Initiative and the ability to “think on your feet”
• The ability and willingness to follow rules, policies and procedures
• Professionalism and integrity
• A good level of physical fitness
• Empathy, emotional intelligence and cultural awareness.
• Be an Australian Citizen; a New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport; or a Permanent Resident of Australia
• Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 Provide First Aid) with 12 months month validity upon commencement
• Current Australian “C” class driver licence.
In return, you’ll receive:
• Permanent Full-Time, ongoing employment security
• Unique & rewarding career – paid training and ongoing professional development
• Salary in the range of $49,751 to $64,802 per annum + up to 12.75% super
• Shift workers receive: 28.5% shift allowance + 5 weeks annual leave + 27.5% annual leave loading
• Non-shift workers: 4 weeks annual leave + 17.5% annual leave loading (certain Brisbane only positions)
• Employment with an organisation committed to the safety of frontline officers.
• QCS Recruitment will only contact you if your application is progressing
• The selection process is extensive and candidates must be prepared to undergo various stages which may occur over an extended period of time
• All employment decisions and selection processes within QCS are based on the principle of merit.
Before you submit an application, please refer to the CCO Applicant Guide for more detailed information about the opportunity. For a confidential discussion about the Custodial Correctional Officer Talent Pipeline, please contact QCS Recruitment.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.