COVID-19 Update : As we all learn and adapt to the new reality brought about by COVID-19, Micro Focus is working to keep you safe. Learn more
Canberra Australia category Professional Services
Delivery Optimisation Lead
Who We Are
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
Reporting directly to the ANZ Professional Services Delivery Manager, this position is critical in helping the entire ANZ delivery organisation work towards customer outcomes in the most efficient way possible. Responsible for providing business insights to facilitate effective make the decision making within several areas related to the delivery team, and spending time liaising with all areas of the organisation to proactively provide information and solutions to problems.
The successful candidate will value the importance of teamwork, challenging their peers and making a difference. They will have the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders, maintaining positive working relationships and enjoy having the ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on achieving excellent results. They will not be afraid to pick up the phone or meet in person with stakeholders to ensure the unknown position is clarified.
- Working closely with Business Operations and Engagement Management teams, ensuring revenue and margin forecasts are accurately represented and risks clearly understood.
- Through risk identification, ensure that any resource shortfall or over allocation are captured, with findings provided to the Leadership team along with mitigation strategies
- Working in coordination with internal Resource Management team, develop, manage and maintain PS’s operational resource plan for operationally critical resources, working with the sales community to build the future demand view.
- Lead development of incremental solutions to more accurately forecast operational critical resources particularly in relation to demands of project delivery and future requirements.
- Participate in and initiate change activities to promote continuous improvement and deliver business excellence across all domains.
Build the team
- Working directly with business development and sales teams as part of opportunity development process to ensure that resource requirements are understood, placements take into account white space of existing team and resource utilisation is maximised.
- Ensuring that bids make best use of the existing team, assessing strategies to build teams in specific locations, whilst maintain customer satisfaction.
- Taking refined resourcing requirements and working with internal Resource Management team to identify internal and external sourcing strategies to fulfil positions.
- Creating and maintaining working relationships with a variety of external suppliers to fulfil resourcing requirements and provide ‘just in time’ solutions.
Develop the team
- Working directly with the PS delivery team, ensure that each individual has the appropriate support to succeed in their role, such as the right training and enablement, development opportunities and mentors.
- Linking up with internal stakeholders to drive initiatives to support making PS a better place to work.
- Working alongside internal Resource Management team to place resources within the global delivery organisation to help develop the individual.
- Work to understand key resource skills and capabilities so that succession plans and alternate options can be developed.
Skills, Capabilities, Education & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and debate with others.
- Demonstrated experience of working with delivery optimisation, resource management or project coordination roles, with ability to prioritise and coordinate across competing priorities.
- Experience developing and implementing governance framework surrounding supply and demand capacity management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the implementation and delivery of programs and initiatives.
- Ability to collect, critically analyse and present workforce data in concise manner aligned with actionable tasks.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar type roles.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
Micro Focus is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, or any other legally protected status.