We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development – Open Banking
Leveraging Mastercard’s global payments network, our account-to-account business provides domestic and cross-border solutions to enable the frictionless future of payments.
We help our customers leverage rich messaging functionality and applications to capture business and consumer payment flows both domestically and cross-border; offer solutions to connect, enable, and safeguard the Open Banking ecosystem, and protect banks and their customers from financial crime.
All this is supported by account-based data insights and consulting to help our clients optimise their payment strategies across the world.
As Director, Business Development your focus will be to grow revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing customers/markets.
Working on the Open Banking connected partner strategy you will demonstrate a strong value proposition and drive the Open Banking agenda with a cross-functional Mastercard team.
Setting the sales strategy aligned with the geography and segment strategy you will play a hands-on role in:
· Developing the sales pipeline, coordinating with product development and account management teams
· Prospects, contacts, and contracts new customers and business partners to improve market acceptance
· Lead conversations with key decision makers for new or emerging product opportunities
· Provide input for long-term growth strategies to optimize mutual profitability across business lines
· Play a key role in developing financial modeling and business cases for development opportunities
· Execute and manage the customer contract agreement process
· Evaluate the deal process to deliver improvements
· Enhance ongoing business development relationships (e.g., financial institutions, large multinationals, fintechs etc.)
All About You
· Suitable candidates must bring in-depth experience executing and managing business development strategies for large or complex countries/regions/industry verticals
· Track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales
· Demonstrated success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions into various MasterCard countries/regions/industry verticals
· Whilst not essential experience in Open Banking is highly advantageous
· Experience or a passion in digital identity and payments is also highly desirable
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
_Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law._
_If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact_ [email protected]_ _and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly._
**Corporate Security Responsibility**
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
**Requisition ID:** R-139019