Our vision is that people, everywhere in our community, will experience the power of inclusion through relationships, voice and action.
Our mission is to assist people to reach their potential through innovative and people-focused services.
Our values celebrate inclusiveness and opportunity. Our five core values are Accountability, Equity, Innovation, Integrity and Participant and young-people focused.
The role of a Mental Health / Disability Support Worker in Accommodation Services is to provide support to our clients with a disability who require assistance with personal care and daily tasks; with a strong focus on developing the skills of each individual to live as autonomously as possible within a shared living and one on one environment. Residents are supported each morning and afternoon, overnight and on weekends by experienced and qualified staff.
- Is passionate about supporting clients with Mental Health and advancing and empowering the lives of others.
- Is compassionate and demonstrates empathy.
- Is able to handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Well developed and effective communication, numerical and interpersonal skills with the capability to engage and develop strong relationships with clients and others.
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Flexibility with working hours including working in the evening and weekends as required.
- Current valid Provisional or Unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Certificate III or IV in Disability Support or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding in the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) processes.
- Mental Health First Aid.
In addition to competitive pay rates the successful applicant will also have access to:
- Entry rate of $27.94 per hour. Higher pay points may be applicable based on qualifications and or experience.
- Salary Packaging up to $15,900 – more $$$$ tax free.
- Up to 4 weeks additional negotiated extra leave.
- A Paid Day Off on your Birthday!
- Formal Training and Development.
- Experienced Staff.
- Supportive Regular Supervisor.
- Team and Individual Meetings.
- Modern Well Equipped Facilities.
- Free annual influenza (flu) shot.
- Covid-19 Training.