- Work together to help the community
- An exciting time to join Chorus
- Salary packaging options, kilometers and time paid between customers
- Would suit those looking for work during school hours
About our organisation;
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
We are currently seeking applications for a Support Worker Domestic Assistance to join our Aged and Disability Services team, assisting customers living in the Eastern and Northern suburbs. You will work alongside customers with varying support needs and will provide person centred services to enable them to remain living in the comfort of their own home.
In this varied role, you may be responsible for activities that can include:
- Helping with domestic assistance/household tasks;
- Ensuring all allocated living areas are kept clean, tidy and safe;
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping areas covered in the domestic support plan;
- Assisting with laundry and ironing as required;
- Reading support plans to ensure that tasks completed will meet the customer’s needs;
- Record and document services provided as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with diverse needs and preferences;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to interact with a diverse range of customers, their families, carers, community agencies and other professionals;
- A proactive approach to the safety and well being of yourself and customers;
- Understanding of professional boundaries and privacy and confidentiality issues;
- Good computer & mobile device skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- A proven capacity to provide high levels of customer service;
- Fit and able to carry out the physical demands of this role.
- Availability between 8am and 4pm, we can be flexible to support school hours;
- Willing and able to travel across the Northern and Eastern Suburbs;
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency (or willingness to apply for and provide prior to commencing employment);
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to travel to customers homes;
- Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance and registration;
- Current First Aid Certificate (12 months or less currency) or willingness to apply;
- Working With Children Check (dependent on role if working with customers under the age of 18).
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Mileage and paid travel time between jobs;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus