Dual Property – Business Development Manager
- Receive Hotel benefits in rooms and our fabulous F&B outlets
- Stay Fit and Fabulous; be involved in our Wellbeing Programs
- Develop relationships and make a difference to other people’s lives through our Community Programmes
- Autonomous role with oodles of creative license & chance to showcase your entrepreneurial talent
At Ovolo we move fast and have fun! Our fresh ideas are taking the world of hospitality by storm and redefining what a lifestyle hotel can be as we expand across, Australia and beyond. Be part of an award-winning fast-growing brand that does.
Are you just like everyone else? Or do you STAND OUT?
At Ovolo we move fast and have fun! Our fresh ideas are taking the world of hospitality by storm and redefining what a lifestyle hotel can be as we expand across, Australia and beyond. Want to be part of an award-winning fast-growing brand that does
As Business Development Manager Corporate working closely with the hotel General Manager Brisbane & General Manager Sales Australia to drive sales activities in line with the annual sales to achieve/exceed budget for 2 Brisbane Hotels.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sales to achieve new and incremental business from the segments of Corporate, Government, TMC and Corporate Group. If you have experience in business development and a proven result driven background with excellent communication and negotiation skills, this could be an ideal opportunity to establish your sales career with Ovolo. To ensure a high level of business for our hotels, you’ll also focus on proactively targeting new and existing clients and strategically sourcing new business from both local and national feeder markets.
Keys drivers of the role include:
- Actively identifying and capturing revenue opportunities within the corporate market segment
- Driving new business opportunities both in local footprint and national
- Account manage and drive incremental business through a portfolio of corporate, government, consortia and TMC accounts
- Complete quarter reviews with contracted relationships identifying performance, feedback and opportunities
- Preparing and maintaining key account management plans within the corporate portfolio
- Target and develop direct contact relationships and networks within the developed assigned accounts in order to deliver growth in both sales budgets and pay for performance targets
- Proactively grow revenue opportunities within the corporate group space
- Identify and target new business opportunities in the Hospitality segment with a specific focus on unmanaged industry opportunities.
- Support strategic promotions and initiatives to maximise revenue in specific periods and work closely with key and new properties to identify touch points within account portfolio
- Support and participate in internal and external events to maximise resources and drive broader and deeper relationships
- Work across a wide variety of cultures and markets, tailoring approach and behaviours to understand key differentiators and leverage best practices accordingly
- Identify opportunities to upsell services to existing and new customers
- Develop and bring to market new services in response to market demands
- Develop innovative solutions to specific customer requirements
- Developing excellent working relationships with our internal and external stakeholders – hotel sales teams, General Managers and revenue managers
- Monitor Customer feedback and work directly with the General Managers of the properties for improvement
- Travel for corporate business
- Plan, prepare and deliver presentations, create and manage an effective sales plan
- Attend weekly sales meetings to discuss at minimum, results against targets
- Conducting regular site inspections with existing and prospective clients
- Represent at industry events, trade shows and other networking opportunities
- Quick to adapt to new systems or previous experience with CRM Salesforce
The ideal candidate will bring least 2 years previous experience in sales and business development, ideally within a similar style of hotel environment as well as a proven record of pro-active sourcing and converting business across market segments. Demonstrated ability to develop and build on client relationships and champion a brand is a must along with positive energy, an eye for detail and passion for driving results. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment will set you up for success.
Shiny happy people all round. That is our mission.
Join us, we are cool. Get to be yourself. Not like ‘ordinary’ hotels. We are something different. There’s something happening here.
We’re fast-paced, wild trend-setters and are on the hunt for more to join our growing team. With 6 Hotels in Australia and growing, apply with Ovolo for a career of excitement!