In this role, you will be responsible for consistently applying state and national early childhood education and care legislation in the approval, monitoring and quality assessment of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services. The successful applicants will develop and maintain professional relationships with providers of ECEC services, other sector stakeholders and government agencies and report directly
to the Manager, Early Childhood Education and Care. If you are looking to make a difference to early learning outcomes for children through regulating for quality in Early Childhood Education and Care, this
job is for you.
- Job Type: Permanent,Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Toowoomba region
- Yearly Salary: $86042 – $93320
- Contact Name: Sandy Cook
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 18-FEB-21
- Permanent Full-Time
- Temporary Full-Time until 31 December 2021 unless otherwise determined
- Temporary Full-Time until 30 June 2021 unless otherwise determined
Key Roles and Responsibilities of an Early Childhood Officer:
- Make recommendations in relation to provider and service approvals, quality assessment and ratings, compliance monitoring and enforcement in accordance with relevant nationally applied and state ECEC legislation, with a focus on quality outcomes for children.
- Assess and document the performance of ECEC service providers and make recommendations on necessary actions to the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader.
- Advise the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader on issues relating to provider and service approvals and their ongoing monitoring and compliance.
- Provide consistent advice to the general public, service providers, other external stakeholders and state and Commonwealth agencies about the regulatory framework.
- Apply consistent, transparent and robust business practices including recordkeeping, assessment, approval, monitoring and complaint processes and management.
- Input data into relevant ECEC services databases enabling the collection of relevant, timely and accurate information in relation to regional ECEC services.
- Undertake performance monitoring of funded ECEC services against service level agreements.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the good governance and objectives of the region and the broader department.
- Identify and develop continuous improvement strategies relevant to the role of Early Childhood Officer.
- Report to the Early Childhood Manager or Team Leader and other senior staff in the region as required.
The incumbent will be required to undertake their duties as an authorised officer under section 195 – authorisation of authorised officers of the Education and Care Services National Law.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Contact Name: Amanda Parmenter, Manager, ECEC 0459 838 920
Closing Date: Thursday, 18 February 2021
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit. #LI-PRIORITY