This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Image Courtesy of Springwood State High School
About Springwood State High School
Our school commits to offering parents personalised education for their child from Year 7 to Year 12. Our teachers are proud to teach. They plan together, commit to professional learning and lead innovative learning and teaching across our school. Each child’s learning journey is tracked by teachers and celebrated. We offer families the unique opportunity of belonging to a boutique high school community.
As the Head of Department (Secondary) you will have responsibility for the following:
* Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
* Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
* Set high standards for student and staff performance.
* Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
* Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
* Be futures oriented and strategic.
* Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
* Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
* Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at [email protected] or on toll free 1300 720 944.
To apply please attach the following:
* A maximum 2 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
* A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities 1-2 under “How you will be assessed”.
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.