The primary responsibility of the Family Group Meeting Convenor is to facilitate family group meetings in accordance with the Child Protection Act 1999; that is, to ensure that family group meetings provide family based responses to children’s protection and care needs, and to ensure an inclusive process of case planning and decision making for the child.
– Manage and coordinate the family group meeting process including referrals, identifying and coordinating participants, and facilitating meetings.
– Ensure the family group meeting process is facilitated in accordance with legislative principles and requirements.
– Prepare people to participate in family group meetings, including ensuring that all participants have a clear understanding of the purpose of the family group meeting.
– Obtain the views of persons who are unable to attend the family group meeting.
– Manage conflict that may occur within the family group meeting process.
– Liaise with relevant internal staff and with the Recognised Entity and interpreters where appropriate.
– Maintain accurate records of case plans and other relevant information in accordance with departmental guidelines.
– Enhance the local regional community by actively practicing and promoting excellence in service delivery and public administration and identifying opportunities for improving regional client service.