negotiable / month
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Permanent, full time position
- $91,550 plus super and salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
Avivo is a leading community services organisation in Western Australia. We work closely with people and families who need individualised support services due to disability, ageing or mental ill-health.
We are committed to people living as valued citizens, making their own decisions, developing their abilities and growing in their relationships. We believe in an organisational culture where all employees can develop and do their best work.
This is a rare opportunity for a passionate Financial Accountant to join our dedicated Finance lead team.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with external reporting and regulatory requirements including financial statements, Australian Bureau of Statistics surveys and tax reporting. You will maintain the integrity of our financial records, working with the finance team to drive best-practice governance in month end reporting and reconciliations.
This is a leadership role, reporting to the Financial Controller, and contributes to the broader leadership of the finance function.
- including preparation of Avivo and Avivo Foundation financial statements and coordination with external auditors to manage interim and year-end audit timelines and deliverables
- Owns Avivo’s accounting policies and procedures and ensures compliance with Australian Accounting Standards and relevant taxation legislation. Identifies opportunities to streamline procedures, and works in collaboration with the Finance team to improve processes
- Ensures timely, meaningful and accurate preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations, leveraging identification of variances to streamline processes and procedures
- Preparation and lodgement of Business Activity Statement, Fringe Benefit Tax return and franking credit refund application, providing internal tax and employment obligation advice and ensures compliance with relevant taxation legislation.
- Manages banking requirements and organisation cash flows and term deposit movements, including management of the relationship with our banking partners
- Develops team members to optimise their contribution to the organisation, including cross-skilling and developing a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Prepares and submit monthly and quarterly Australian Bureau of Statistics surveys
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement within processes and leads projects to implement solutions
What we require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in a Financial Accountant role
- Professional membership CPA or ACA with a minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Well developed and broad experience with business and accounting systems in a large ERP environment. Experience with Technology One finance systems, large staff rostering systems and database systems preferred.
- Demonstrated supportive leadership and performance management experience (minimum 3 years), with a passion for building capability in others
- Knowledge/experience in Government Accounting/Funding (preferred)
- Demonstrated project management and continuous improvement identification and implementation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
In return, you will receive awesome conditions:
- A salary of $91,550 per annum plus super
- Option to Salary Package up to$18,550 to reduce taxable income
- Option to work a 19 day month
- Development opportunities and supportive team
- Accessible facilities at Osborne Park Office, free parking and close proximity to public transport.
- Option of working from home